An Act relating to schools; defining terms; requiring students enrolled in public school to be tested for dyslexia and related disorders; requiring board of education of each school district to provide for treatment of any students determined to have dyslexia or related disorder; authorizing State Department of Education to promulgate rules; providing for codification; and providing an effective date.
- Sponsor: <a href="http://www.statescape.com/LegislatorInfo/Legislator.asp?LName=Dorman&State=Oklahoma">Dorman</a>
- Bill Text: <a href="http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/2011-12HB/HB1997_int.rtf">Bill Text - RTF Format</a>
- Adjournment Date: In Recess until 1/31/2012; Adjourns 5/27/12
- Status: <a href="http://newlsb.lsb.state.ok.us/BillInfo.aspx?Bill=HB1997&Session=1100">Oklahoma Legislature Bill Information</a>, Legislature Adjourned 5/25/12 - Died in Committee
- Position: DDAI SUPPORTS this bill
- History - House: First Reading 213 02/07/2011 H Authored by Representative Dorman 213 02/07/2011 H Second Reading referred to Appropriations and Budget 314 02/08/2011 H CR; Do Pass, amended by committee substitute Appropriations and Budget Committee 447 03/03/2011 H Authored by Senator Paddack (principal Senate author) 03/03/2011 H
- History - Senate: 3/3/11 Authored by Senator Paddack (principal Senate author)