Academic & Legal Analysis of the impact of legislation geared to dyslexia.
- A Critical Analysis of Dyslexia Legislation in Three States
Jo Worthy, Doris Villarreal, Vickie Godfrey, Sam DeJulio, Angela Stefanski, Amy Leitze, Jennifer Cooper. Literacy Research: Theory, Method, and Practice. Vol 66, Issue 1, 2017.
- A realist review of dyslexia pilot project research
Gearin, B., Turtura, J., Anderson, K. et al. Annals. of Dyslexia (Published 10 June 2023).
- A Review of the Evidence on Tier 1 Instruction for Readers With Dyslexia
Timothy Shanahan. Reading Research Quarterly. First published online: 01 August 2021
- An Examination of Dyslexia Research and Instruction With Policy Implications
Johnston, Peter, and Donna Scanlon. Literacy Research: Theory, Method, and Practice, vol. 70, no. 1, Nov. 2021, pp. 107–128.
- Characteristics of Students Identified With Dyslexia Within the Context of State Legislation
Odegard, T. N., Farris, E. A., Middleton, A. E., Oslund, E., & Rimrodt-Frierson, S. (2020). Journal of Learning Disabilities.
- Converting to Privatization: A Discourse Analysis of Dyslexia Policy Narratives
Gabriel, Rachael E. American Educational Research Journal. Vol 57, Issue 1, 2020.
- Current State of the Evidence: Examining the Effects of Orton-Gillingham Reading Interventions for Students With or at Risk for Word-Level Reading Disabilities
Stevens, Elizabeth A., Christy Austin, Clint Moore, Nancy Scammacca, Alexis N. Boucher, and Sharon Vaughn. Exceptional Children, (February 2021)
- Document Analysis of State Dyslexia Legislation Suggests Likely Heterogeneous Effects on Student and School Outcomes
Gearin, B., Petscher, Y., Stanley, C., Nelson, N. J., & Fien, H. (2021) Learning Disability Quarterly.
- Dyslexia and Georgia Senate Bill 48
By Nora W. Schlesinger Kennesaw State University, Georgia Journal of Literacy, Vol 43, No. 1 (2020)
- Dyslexia laws in the USA
Youman, M., Mather, N. Annals of Dyslexia 63, 133–153 (2013).
- Dyslexia Laws in the USA: A 2018 Update
Martha Youman and Nancy Mather, Perspectives on Language and Literacy, Spring 2018
- Dyslexia: State Laws and Court Decisions
Perry A. Zirkel. Communiqué | May 2022, Volume 50, Number 7, pages 19-21. (National Association of School Psychologists)
- Early Identification of and Intervention for Children with and without Dyslexia Characteristics: A Comparison Study
Literacy Research and Instruction. Published online: 29 Apr 2022.
- Evaluating the impact of dyslexia laws on the identification of specific learning disability and dyslexia
Phillips, B.A.B., Odegard, T.N. Annals of Dyslexia 67, 356–368 (2017).
- External evaluations for dyslexia: do the data support parent concerns?
Odegard, T. N., Hutchings, T., Farris, E. A., & Oslund, E. L. Annals of dyslexia, 71 (1), 50–59. (2021).
- Legal Developments for Students With Dyslexia
Zirkel, P. A. (2020). Learning Disability Quarterly, 43(3), 127–139.
- Lost in Translation? Challenges in Connecting Reading Science and Educational Practice
Seidenberg, M. S., Borkenhagen, M. C., & Kearns, D. M. (2020, July 6).
- Reading and Dyslexia Legislation: Analytic Techniques and Findings on the Framing of Dyslexia
Gabriel R.E., Woulfin S. (2017) In: Lester J., Lochmiller C., Gabriel R. (eds) Discursive Perspectives on Education Policy and Implementation. Palgrave Macmillan, Cham.
- Screening for Dyslexia: Policy, Emerging Research, and Best Practices
Yaacov Petscher, Hank Fien, Chris Stanley, Brian Gearin, Nadine Gaab, Jack Fletcher, and Evelyn Johnson, National Center on Improving Literacy (2019)
- Teacher Educators' Beliefs, Self-Efficacy, and Perceptions Related to Dyslexia: Phase I.
Roop, Teddy D. and Howe, Kathleen S. (2022) Literacy Practice and Research: Vol. 47: No. 3, Article 4.
- The State of Dyslexia: Recent Legislation and Guidelines for Serving School-Age Children and Adolescents With Dyslexia
Jeannene M. Ward-Lonergan and Jill K. Duthie. Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools. Volume 49, Issue 4, Pages: 810-816. October 2018
- We Know for a Fact: Dyslexia Interventionists and the Power of Authoritative Discourse.
Worthy, J., Svrcek, N., Daly-Lesch, A., & Tily, S. Journal of Literacy Research, 50(3), 2018.