Requests the State Board of Elementary and Secondary Education (BESE) to study issues relative to dyslexia and related disorders including current methods for the identification of students with dyslexia or related disorders, the adequacy of educational programs and services provided to such students, the adequacy of funding provided for such programs and services, appropriate training for teachers and other school employees in providing instruction to such students, and the extent to which local school systems in the state are in compliance with current state laws and policies of BESE relative to these issues. Provides for a written report to the House education committee by Oct. 1, 2010, and provides for participation by educators and others with expertise in dyslexia and related disorders.
- Related Bills: <a href="http://www.dyslegia.com/2010/07/louisiana-2010-sr-164-dyslexia-study/">SR 164</a>
- History: 06/22/2010 H Taken by the Clerk of the House and presented to the Secretary of State in accordance with the Rules of the House. 06/18/2010 H 93 Enrolled, signed by the Speaker of the House and taken by the Clerk of the House to the Secretary of State in accordance with the Rules of the House. 06/17/2010 H 1 Read by title, rules suspended, adopted.
- Sponsor: Gordon E. Dove, Sr.
- Status: Passed.
- Bill Text: <a href="http://www.legis.state.la.us/billdata/streamdocument.asp?did=719479">HR 185 Enrolled</a>
- Adjournment Date: Legislature Adjourned 6/21/2010