Issues & Concerns

If you have an issue, question or concern that is not related to a specific piece of legislation, feel free to post below.

4 thoughts on “Issues & Concerns

  1. I am a parent of a dyslexic child who is now, finally in 7th grade, doing well in a private school for children with learning differences. However, it is very expensive. I have been told the tuition may be tax deductible with a documentation from a physician. I am looking for a sample letter to use as a guideline for our physician. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

    • Jennifer, you can find information in IRS publication 502 — – under the topic “Special Education”. You would need a letter from a doctor specifically recommending that your child attend that school, for the primary purpose of overcoming learning disabilities. I think that the letter simply would need to track the language in the IRS publication.

Leave a Comment