An Act to address the special education needs of children with dyslexia. Creates and sets standard for an educational specialization in dyslexia for teachers. Requires that a child who has been determined by evaluation to have dyslexia,the Individualized Education Program (IEP) team hall consider and specifically address access to evidence-based, sequenced, explicit multisensory reading instruction; access to assistive technology; and access to teachers and teaching assistants who have obtained the dyslexia teaching endorsement.
- History - Senate: 4/15/2015 Senate Referred to the committee on Education
- History: <a href="https://malegislature.gov/Bills/189/Senate/S312">See Bill History</a>
- Status: In committee <a href="https://malegislature.gov/Committees/Joint/J14">(Education)</a>
- Bill Text: <a href="https://malegislature.gov/Bills/BillHtml/144687?generalCourtId=12">Bill Text</a>
- History - Joint: Jun 12, 2015 Joint Hearing scheduled for 06/17/2015
- History House: Jun 16, 2016 House Accompanied a new draft, see H4406
- Related Bills: H 4406