Amends the School Code. Requires the State Board of Education to establish a pilot project to provide early screening and intervention services for children with risk factors for dyslexia, subject to appropriation. Requires the State Superintendent of Education to select 3 school districts to participate in the pilot project. Sets forth provisions concerning district qualifications and requirements, the duration and goal of the pilot project, consultation, reporting, and rules. Beginning with the 2012-2013 school year, allows teachers institutes to include instruction on the indicators of dyslexia, which instruction must be provided by a dyslexia specialist. Effective immediately.
- History - House: ** 1/25/2012 House Referred to Rules Committee ** 1/25/2012 House First Reading ** 1/24/2012 House Filed with the Clerk, 2/7/2012 Assigned to Elementary & Secondary Education Committee, 3/9/2012 Re-referred to Rules Committee
- Sponsor: Naomi D. Jakobsson
- Status: Legislature Adjourned 5/31/12 (Died in Committee), View Current Status
- Bill Text: Full text of bill
- Hearings: Elementary & Secondary Education Committee Hearing Feb 22 2012 8:30AM Capitol Building Room 114 Springfield, IL, Elementary & Secondary Education Committee Hearing Feb 29 2012 8:00AM Capitol Building Room 114 Springfield, IL