Subject to funding by the State Board of Education, provides that a school board shall require a school to provide recordings for its blind and dyslexic students. Effective immediately.
- Links: <a href="http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/96/HB/09600HB5344.htm">Bill Text</a>
- Sponsor: <a href="http://www.ilga.gov/house/Rep.asp?MemberID=1447">Linda Chapa LaVia</a>
- History: 2/4/2010 Filed * 2/5/2010 First Reading, Referred to Rules Committee, 2/16/2010 Assigned to Elementary & Secondary Education Committee, 3/3/2010 House Recommends Do Pass Subcommittee/ Elementary & Secondary Education Committee;, 3/15/2010 House Rule 19(a) / Re-referred to Rules Committee
- Status: Failed to pass out of Rules committee, <a href="http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=5344&GAID=10&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=50374&SessionID=76&GA=96">See Current Status</a>
- Hearings: Mandates of the Elementary & Secondary Education Committee Hearing Mar 3 2010 8:05AM
- Adjournment Date: 5/7/10
- Deadline: March 26, 2010 Final Day for Third Reading and Passage of House Substantive Bills