Requires screening of children in grades K-2 for dyslexia and other reading disabilities. Requires schools to accept a diagnosis of dyslexia by a psychologist or medical doctor. Requires the school district to implement a reading instruction program commensurate with the student’s reading deficiencies, whether or not the student has an individualized education plan.
- History: 02/02/2009 H Introduced *** 02/03/2009 H Referred to Education *** 02/18/2009 H Withdrawn from Education; Referred to Appropriations *** 02/19/2009 H Withdrawn from Appropriations; Rereferred to Education *** 03/10/2009 H Hearing: Wed., 3/11/09, 9:00 AM, Rm 711 Docking
- Links: <a href="http://www.kslegislature.org/bills/2010/2199.pdf">Bill text</a>
- Status: Failed to pass out of committee., <a href="http://www.kslegislature.org/legsrv-billtrack/index.do">Track Bill</a>
- Adjournment Date: 4/10/10
- Deadlines: February 20th Last day to CONSIDER BILLS IN HOUSE OF ORIGIN, Tuesday, April 6th No regular bills considered after this date